Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Just getting started...

Initially, I started writing to get these thoughts out of my head.  As you will read, I am not a big communicator.  You probably wouldn’t know that if you knew me.  I’m outgoing, funny (at least I think I am damn funny!), witty (again, this is a pure assumption) and generally quite personable.  When I get stressed out, I shut down fast.  I don’t want to talk about anything; I would rather do anything than share my feelings.  The only way that I can share is by writing them out.  No judgments, no conversation; just me.

I’ve got a few “stories” built up now and it’s only been a couple of weeks since diagnosis.  When I was first diagnosed, I scoured through the internet for someone else going through the same thing.  There are threads of people asking questions about their diagnosis and several different people responding, but responses varied and they were so damn doom-and-gloom.  Who wants to read that when they’re already freaked the F out?  Not this guy…

After chatting with my husband (who may be known as  ‘Shuggy’, ‘The Hubs’ and his real name), we decided to go for it and jump in with both feet into the Blog Pool.  I don’t know quite yet what I am doing, so please bear with me.  I’m just getting started.  If I can reach my family and have them understand what my thoughts are – that would be amazing.  If I can reach others that I don’t know about the dangers of tanning beds and not wearing sunblock, even better! 
As many others that get any type of diagnosis, they want to help the newbies in the club and they want information.  I am still VERY new in the club, but I absolutely want to extend a helping hand to anyone that could use it.  This is my blog.      

No comments:

Post a Comment