Friday, March 22, 2013

Give thanks where it's due

Luckily this Melanoma business is much more curable when it’s caught early.  I don’t know if I will ever be completely free of it as we now know that my body knows how to make the cells and not to mention it will forever be in the back of my mind.  At the moment we aren’t 100% certain of what is going on below the current biopsy, but Dr. Surgeon is pretty confident that it was caught early enough.  In fact, he said that going to see Dr. Dermatologist at the time I did saved my life.  Whoa.  Trip out on that for a bit…

First of all, I want to give thanks where it’s due.  If it wasn’t for my pestering husband bugging me, sometimes several times a day to get this thing checked out, I’d still be walking around with a ticking time bomb on my back.

I know that his pestering was all done out of the love for me and my health.  I can’t thank him enough.  Shuggy – I love you so much!!  I’ve never been loved like you love me (parents excluded of course, it’s not quite the same).  I can’t tell you how incredibly grateful I am that I have you in my life.  I love you with every single fiber of my being.  Please know that I love you so very much.  You’re my best friend, my partner in crime, my comfort, my world and now I can proudly add to the list – my savior.   
Thank you for your pestering.  Now that you’ve saved my life, you’re stuck with me!  Fooorevvvvvvaaaaar!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber, Just found out about your blog and wanted you to know that Ivar and I love you very much. You have brought so much happiness and joy to the family. Thank goodness Tony nagged you to get to the doctor! You're going to get through this and love life that much more. Keep us all posted as we share this part of your journey. Love, Momma Dawn and Ivar

    ReplyDelete